jueves, 30 de septiembre de 2010

Vespa Daniela



The Vespa is an Italian design icon, and in the hands of Portuguese carpenter Carlos Alberto, it received a one-of-a-kind makeover.

Basing his creation on the silhouette of Vespa model VN1 1951, Alberto glued the first pieces of the wasp with the help of his wife Grace and his daughter Daniela, the bike’s namesake. “Due to the structure of a wasp with open framework, it got me some difficulties, but I was arranging solutions, time and money,” Alberto says. “We were ready in 2004, and had almost everything ready to go, but in September of that year, I had a serious accident where I stopped for 11 months. [I] returned to start the project in mid 2007.” And in 2008, The Vespa Daniela was officially completed and ready to ride.

Maximum speed: 75km / h
Engine: 123.67 cc
Woods used: rosewood, ebony, beech, satin-wood, Brazilian cherry, tacula, panga-panga, sucupira, and sycamore

Vespa Daniela

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario